Thursday, January 30, 2020

Be Prepared!

Weaning oneself off plastic means that it is tougher to be spontaneous. If you are aiming for maximum spontaneity, then you need to be prepared!
I found this out by casually ordering a Bloody Mary when we were out for breakfast. What did I not bring with me? A reusable straw, of course!

Cocktails such as this Bloody Mary often come with plastic straws :(
And of course, not even thinking about it, I failed to order my drink sans-straw. For me, I actually enjoy using a straw with my Bloody Mary because sometimes I forget to order with no salt on the rim. Like I just did. The funny thing is, I do have (at least) one reusable straw at home. It is made of a thick plastic, and originally came inside a camping thermos-type cup that I borrowed from a friend (Lawrence, let me know if you have been looking for this...)


But not to fear if you don't have a camping cup with an extra heavy-duty straw! Eco Collective is a store in Ballard that sells reusable glass and stainless steel straws. Regular AND Bubble Tea size - how do you like that? Some of them come in a little kit that includes a custom brush-type thingy for cleaning the inside. As for carrying it around, you would need some sort of tube container or a long narrow padded bag. I bet they have something like that on Etsy.


Straw/Chopstick Travel Bag 


Well, look at that - they do! Now I can be prepared in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment