Friday, January 31, 2020

Set...

To prepare for tomorrow's start of our month of No Disposable Plastic, I went out and picked up a few more critical items. And by critical, I mean that toilet paper was one of those items. Very critical. Since we haven't had the bidet installed yet...

Last minute prep items for the No Disposable Plastic Challenge!
The laundry detergent was not a problem - most powdered detergent comes in cardboard boxes, and Seventh Generation offers it. We already use the Seventh Generation powdered dishwasher detergent in the cardboard box, and we've been pretty happy with it. It is about the same price or cheaper than the equivalent Seventh Generation liquid detergent that we have been using. 

The individually-wrapped toilet paper is actually slightly cheaper than the brand Thom likes. It's definitely thinner, though, so we'll see what he thinks.

I bought some bulk shea butter lotion from Eco Collective, and when you bring your own container (this tin was originally for fennel pollen), they weigh it before and after and then charge you by weight. It was $1.62 for a half-tin.

The Booda Butter deodorant (kind of a paste in a glass container with a metal cap - "coconut cream" scent) and lip balm I found at PCC. The deodorant is twice as expensive as the kind I normally use (Secret solid). I tried the mint lip balm, and I liked it - it comes in a cardboard tube and you push up from the bottom to advance the stick. Kinda like those Flintstone frozen yogurt pushups we had when we were kids. It is $3.49 at PCC, as compared to Burt's Bees mint lip balm at $2.99 at Fred Meyer.I would guess it would last the same amount of applications, but I'm not sure.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment