Saturday, February 1, 2020

Go!

… and we're off! Today I tried out the deodorant paste, and I think it's going to work. Whew! I filled a small sack with (almost) of all my plastic containers of personal care products, and put them away for storage until March. I made an exception for my eye cream, my face cream (glass jar with plastic lid), and the saline solution for my contact lenses. I will also be making exceptions for my make-up, which I did not wear today.

I put a large dish-bussing tub on the dining room table to collect all of our disposable plastic waste. Thom thinks I am being optimistic that we will need only one tub! I will update with a photo once per week so you can follow along with our progress. Here is the plastic waste tub at the end of day one:

Plastic waste at the end of Day One.

Thom cleaned the kitchen using latex gloves (there are natural rubber ones, but we forgot to get them), with a 5-hour Energy for motivation. There is also a small piece of plastic from opening a new can of canola oil spray and an empty container of gum.

But this afternoon, we went to the movies and a purchased soda was involved. The cup is wax-infused paper, and although Thom didn't use a straw, he did use the lid. I guess we should bring our own glasses next time? We wouldn't be the weirdest people in the neighborhood... maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment